We take care of your Company's compliance so that
you can focus on growing your business
Absolutely professional, and very affordable too!

Find out if your Singapore company name is available
Pay by PayPal

Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) FAQs

"Facts are cheap, information is plentiful - knowledge is precious" - Michael E. Angier

For incorporation of your Singapore Company, we have prepared a list of frequently asked questions by both foreign and local clients. You may also refer to ACRA, Singapore's Company Registry.

What is a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)? How do I get it?

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a special category work visa catered to top-tier professionals.

A PEP holder is not bound to any employer(s) or job, and the pass allows the holder to switch employment without re-applying for another work visa.

You can apply for a PEP either through online using your SingPass or submit your application form at any SingPost branch.

If you require any assistance in applying for a PEP, do contact us and one of our work pass specialists will be pleased to help you.

Am I eligible for PEP?

You will be eligible if you are:

  • A professional that last drew at least $18,000 fixed monthly salary. Your last drawn salary should be within 6 months before you apply.
  • An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.

How long does it take to apply a PEP?

Generally, the application will take 8 weeks. For the application, it will cost $105 upfront for each pass and when you received the pass, you will have to pay another $225 for each pass and $30 for Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable).

Can I bring my family over if I am holding a PEP pass?

Yes, you can bring your family over on Dependent or Long-Term Visit Pass.

Dependent pass is for your:

  • Spouse (legally married)
  • Children under 21 years old

Long Term Visit pass is for your:

  • Common-law spouse
  • Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
  • Unmarried stepchildren under 21 years old
  • Parents

Can I apply for a PEP while on a visit pass?

Yes, you can apply for a PEP on visit pass by submitting your application to any SingPost post office. The application process will take around 5 weeks. For the application, you will also be required to provide a local contact person’s details and ensure that your visit pass is valid for at least 5 weeks.

Can I cancel my PEP before the 3 years are up?

Yes, you can cancel your PEP pass. However, since the PEP pass cannot be reissued, the cancellation is permanent. If you wish to continue staying in Singapore, do ensure that you have a valid pass eg. Employment pass, S-pass, dependent pass etc.

Can I work outside of Singapore while on a PEP?

You can work overseas as long as necessary if it is required for your Singapore-based employer. However, you are not allowed to work overseas for an overseas employer for more than 6 months.

Can a PEP holder be a director?

No, a PEP holder cannot be a director. PEP holders are not allowed to hold any positions such as sole proprietor, partner, director or shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.  Furthermore, a PEP holder is not allowed to own a Singapore business or to engaged in any entrepreneurial activity in Singapore.

With that said, PEP passes are more suitable for jobs that are project based or for specialized consulting work.

Can PEP be renewed?

No, PEP is only issued once. If your PEP is expiring, you will be required to get an EP or a S Pass in order to continue working in Singapore.

How can my company hire a PEP holder?

You can hire a PEP holder the same way as you would hire a Singapore Citizen or PR, as long as your company has not been restricted by MOM against employing foreigners on work pass. You will also need to notify MOM when you hire or ceased to employ a PEP holder by emailing the PEP notification form to MOM.

An employee has changed from an Employment Pass (EP) to a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP). Do I need to cancel their EP?

Yes, you must cancel their EP after their PEP application is approved as they will be required to produce the letter of cancellation when they pick up the PEP.

  • Registration and Setup of a Entities in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Branch Office in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Entities in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Representative Office in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Entities in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Subsidiary Company in Singapore
  • Registration and Setup of a Entities in Singapore
  • Comparison of Singapore Branch Office vs Subsidiary Company vs Representative Office